Back to the Future

Sue's Mom is in town and she brought with her a close friend named Linda, who experienced her first Orthodox Divine Liturgy the night before last. She said she had felt like she had stepped back into time some 1000 years. Indeed, I feel the same thing - though to be fair it would be abit more than just a thousand years. One of the Vesperal Hymns, in the 4th century was referred to as being so old that noone at the time knew when the Church began to use it, no doubt many hymns in the Liturgy share a similar historicity.

It's a strange thing to spend my work day in a molecular virology lab using the very newest and advanced technologies, and then hopping into a car and driving down a massive freeway to attend a 1500+ year old Liturgy full of mystic and ancient rites. The noise and stress of the day is seemingly left behind me at the doors of the Nave, which is itself a passageway to the past, to peace, and to Life.

Orthodox Web Page

I have uploaded a large section of my Orthodox web page...it is my hope that it will in some way help people to understand why I became Orthodox. Admittedly, it still has a lot more to go before it is finished - assuming it will ever be finished. Enjoy none-the-less and comments are always welcomed. Look up...the Link is there.

Comments

Popular Posts