Staring down the Barrel of Lent

The Liturgical Dance moves us along...Last Sunday - in the Slavic Tradition - was the Sunday of Zacchaeus which is a tell-tale sign that Lent is coming. Where does the time go?

This Sunday will be the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee. Where does the time go?

I believe it was St. Isaac of Syria who reminded us that time is given to us for repentence and that we ought to wisely make use of such opportunity. Time can be a sacred thing and the fact that I lose track of it probably says something about how well I have been using it. I hope my thighs are ready for the Canon of St. Andrew - I have lost a good deal of weight since last year so perhaps it will be easier for me. Though truly I have no less sins to repent of...and thus I suppose it is fitting that I should gain rugburns on my forehead in the first week of Lent.

Thank God for Pascha!

Part Five of my little series will be up soon


Comments

Popular Posts