An anniversary of sorts...

An anniversary of sorts...

Fifteen years ago today I proposed, in song, marriage to my wife Susan. As I reflect back on the admittedly naive, love-struck, and infatuation induced lyrics of the song and the 15 years that followed it, I find that though a little less naive for having thus far struggled through the ongoing martyrdom of real love (as best as I can manage), I still mean every word of that song.

And yes, dear, I do still remember the chord progression.

:)

Comments

Mimi said…
Happy Anniversary of your engagement!

I'm very glad she said yes!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Brother....
may you have 50 more happy years or longer.
Steve Robinson said…
Many more years. And yes, it is sweet when the martyrdom is out of love. It is pretty amazing to wake up next to someone and be happier than the first time.
Happy Anniversary !
Many Years !!!

Popular Posts