Archeologists uncover my weekly life

Archeologists uncover my weekly life

I'd read about THIS story before, but this is the first time I've seen a photo. It's always interesting to see historians, museum curators, and archeologists marveling over things that are an everyday part of my Church experience. Not that I want to downplay the importance of these finds, it's just funny to witness its discovery and already KNOW it in a very intimate way. In fact, we may be far more familiar with the object (whatever it may be) than the discoverer him/herself.

It leads me to recall the somewhat frequent music or history or ________ students who, via mandate from their professors, visit a local Orthodox parish as if it were a museum...and end up like a deer in headlights having smacked into a vibrant and living ancient faith.

Comments

Meg said…
Your final paragraph reminds me of a story told by the priest who chrismated me, about the middle-school teacher who wanted to bring her class to our (Greek) church so they could see the "gods" we worship...
fdj said…
Ahh...LOL! quality teaching staff I see!

Popular Posts