Fix

Fix

Still looking for that 1/2 hour sitcom solution to all my problems. Heck, I'd even take a 2.5 hour hollywood one. The parent who for years was a miserable one is suddenly redeemed with a simple acknowledgment of their failures and suddenly all is well. Or the spouses who reconcile all manner of complex matters in a single sitting. They never seem to show that real battle in the inner kingdom that is not often redeemed in a moment.

As it is...it's ongoing...seemingly perpetual struggle, fight, fail, retreat, give up, return, struggle, fight....etc etc. Must see and celebrate every millimeter of progress.

Comments

Steve Robinson said…
sigh. I've been living my own "sit-com"/made for TV drama for almost 20 years now. My kids and step kids are still re-building and fragile in some places. Indeed, every good phone call, email exchange, dinner together and incidentless family holiday is a triumph. Demolition only takes a few minutes, rebuilding is a project. Never be too proud to say I'm sorry even... especially...to your kids.
fdj said…
Well even at my early stage (oldest is 13) I've rebuilding to do...it can be overwhelming at times when we realize there simply isn't a 22 minute fix.
Anonymous said…
I often feel like Steve. Every day that I survive feels like a triumph. I just wish that triumphal feeling would energize me for the next day. I get so wrapped up in how tired I am.

Popular Posts