Hail Mary...

I noticed a young woman sitting across from me on the bus this morning cross herself in the RC style. Naturally this grabbed my attention and I further noticed that she was praying her Rosary.

I nodded and smiled, pointing to my baptismal cross as I left and she smiled in return, I hope she knew the little peace, joy, and encouragement her prayers gave to me this morning. Perhaps I'll see her again when we have time to talk, but even if not, it is still very nice to see such a traditional expression of Christian faith in such an everyday circumstance.

Comments

Mimi said…
Indeed!

What a lovely way to begin the day - for both you and she.
existentialist said…
James
Have you ever read In the Image and Likeness of God by Vladimir Lossky?
Do you consider yourself traditional as opposed to liberal?

Popular Posts