Chaos

I had forgotten how hectic selling and buying a house can be. Of course, I think we had more people through our house on the first weekend than we did the ENTIRE three months we had our Sultan house for sale. We did have an offer last week, but it appears that it fell through.

We spent the weekend on the pennisula, graciously hosted by Dawn - who we repaid by having my son puke in her sleeping bag. Anyway, we tried to look at houses, but found the inventory rather lacking. In fact, at present we have been looking in areas a little bot more distant from Church than we would have preferred...for the time I believe we have given up on the idea of buying land and building, if for no other reason than the fact that we are tired and shudder at both the work and the hassle.

One house we looked at this weekend was very nice, but in the distance we could hear the sound of the freeway. Yuck, definately not what we wanted - despite the home being some beautiful and the setting gorgeous. And while we were there, our agent received a phone call that informed us that the home we'd seen before and were planning to go see again was going to be atken off of the market.

Apparently the sellers had just received notice that their own contigent offer on a house had been bumped. As it happens, this was their THIRD bump on a third property and it sounded as if they were throwing their hands up in the air - frustrated. However, something didn't seem "right" to our agent and we were frankly ready to offer on this home. So, we pressed the issue and went ahead and made an offer on the home, since it was (and still is) apparently on the market.

Now we wait. And as we wait we dread the sound of my wife's phone ringing as it might well mean that we are forced to vacate the house (with Killick in tow) to allow some stranger to wander through our house examining my sock drawer and looking into our medicine cabinet. What a party it is to cram four kids, a giant dog, and a cedar 4x4 beam (best air freshener on earth) into my Trooper and then wondering amidst the screaming: "Where should I go?"

And to think we've not even begun the full process of it all...not to mention the actual moving! But I am not dissuaded from the goal. And even though Seabeck is a bit further south than we like, the property and home is perfect for us. And, as Rade pointed out, a simple boat trip accross the canal would make for an easy visit if Rade and Valerie end up on that side.

We shall see what happens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know EXACTLY what you mean about freeway noise. I wanted to hear none, and when we were looking up in Monroe, the agent would drive me up to a fine home, I'd step out of the car, hear the roar of hiway 9, and say no thanks. I don't need to see the house.

We bought our current home, very quiet. Within a few weeks, I could hear the sound of a distant motorcycle. No problem. Right? But as the night wore on, I realized I could hear it still, 3 hours later. 'Sup with that? Turns out it was the Evergreen Speedway, which lay dormant during our house search. By May, the races was on. I looked online: EVERGREEN SPEEDWAY: HOTCAR RACES EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK MAY TO OCTOBER! FUNNY CARS! , and so on. The kind of advertisement that must be very attractive to Nascar types, but not exactly what I wanted to see.

Great. Even though it's a long way off, and not loud, it's the kind of sound that you know is loud if you were closer. Something about the echo.

- Steve K
Anonymous said…
Well for what it's worth, feel free to bring the whole crew over here whenever you are having your sock drawer violated. Killick can play with our dogs, and there are enough raspberries to keep your kids occupied and fed...
Valerie and I went over to Pouslbo today, and then Silverdale to talk to Keith at Timberland Bank, then a not-so-quick (road construction and an accident) trip to the Dabob property to wander around it once more.
Mimi said…
You have my prayers as you go through this process.

Popular Posts