Last Sunday

This sunday will be our last sunday both as members in the Antiochian Archdiocese and more notably as members of St. Paul Orthodox Church in Brier. As luck would have, we are also on schedule to do coffee hour...talk about poor planning, we shoulda bailed a week ago! LOL!

St. Paul has been our home for as long as we have been Orthodox and Fr. James is in a very real way our spiritual father, having catechized and chrismated my wife and I and having been our confessor for these last few years.

We will very much miss so many of the people at this Parish, for all of its convert quirks (you all know what I mean), it has none-the-less been a place where we have seen, felt, and experienced the love of Christ through the hearts of many of her people. We will cherish and remember those wonderful experiences.

Some of you from St. Paul's read this blog (perhaps less of you since my political diatribes), but to those who have remained: thank you for enduring our noisy presence! Thank you also for enduring my much more noisy blog.

On the foward looking track: We are excited to be a part of the OCA...the jurisdiction that many of my relatives are also a part of back east - a fact I only discovered a year or so ago. More than that, we look forward to being a part of St. Elizabeth in Poulsbo. It is an exciting thing to be a part of a Mission...we are overjoyed that we are already being called upon to "work" in that Mission: my wife as a teacher and myself beginning to attend a Reader class this saturday.

Our rural "adventure" begins in a week.

Comments

Munkee said…
James,

Your leaving is VERY sentimental for me. Saint Paul's was the first parish where I felt a real connection to the worship of the Orthodox Church, to the to point that it was the first place I venerated icons and the cross. Sara and I had some lovely mornings there worshipping with ya'll. Strangely, your departure from St. Paul's, likely means we will no longer worship there when we visit. I feel like we are departing as well.

Glory to God everything has come this far.
Mimi said…
Godspeed. I've only been to St. Paul's once, but it is a beautiful church.

I am, though, very partial to St. Elizabeth's and the OCA so welcome.
Anonymous said…
We are looking forward to having you and the rest of your lovely family as a part of our parish. Me especially, I am so happy that I will have you all so close!
Liz in Seattle said…
Yeah, it'll sure be quiet around the Nave. I'll have to make sure Patrick (age 4) kicks up the volume, so that no one will die from noise withdrawal.

We'll miss your presence, but you can't get rid of our friendship. Nyah nyah.
Anonymous said…
Won't the OCA receive you through chrismation?
fdj said…
Won't the OCA receive you through chrismation?

How many beers do I need to have to understand this? Too many ways to take this...so I'll go grab another beer and see what becomes of it.

We'll miss your presence, but you can't get rid of our friendship

Never.

so welcome. / I am so happy that I will have you all so close!

Thanks Mimi and Dawn . Someone told us that we are the pioneers, blazing a trail out of surbubia and into the rurality of North Kitsap / Jefferson counties. If we build it they will come.

I feel like we are departing as well.

Aaron...you know, I'm guessing there are jobs up here similar to what you are doing now. I'm also betting that the cost o' living is exceptionally more reasonable in Kitsap county than Orange county(?)

You know you want out of the Borg collective called Southern California...ya know you do!

Green Acres is the place for the plews!

Farm living is the life for the plews!

ahh...heck, shoulda quite trying to have enough beers to understand anonymous.
Anonymous said…
I second James on that, the Plews should move to Kitsap as well. I'll help with the babies.
Anonymous said…
you know, James. If the OCA dosn't receieve you through chrismation, that's a good thing. It means they'll receieve you through baptism in the traditional manner... ;)


sf
Anonymous said…
Aaron - come back to St Paul's - you'll have plenty of other friends, and I'll bet those Ferrenburg's will still visit once in a while (....right, Ferrenburgs? Hint: Say yes). James, don't you think Aaron and Sara would LOVE Jeremy and Kara and Geoff and Jennifer? Yup, I think we need the Plews up here too :)
fdj said…
LOL...I imagine we will visit from time to time.

However, my evangelism efforts are now centered on getting folks to enjoy the rural peace of Kitsap and Jefferson counties.

Last I heard Jeremy and Kara were looking for land.

:)

Popular Posts