You want to know what has made our country great?

Men like Parker Sampson. Now, I'll warn you, this story is NOT pretty and I would not have brought it here if the man's attitude had not so struck me. The man severs his own arm off with a pocket knife, is severely burned, and in noting his natural and obvious intent to "carry on" says:

"(I) came down here, had a prayer with God and the corn picker and me. Made it easier. Made peace with it."

I reckon most folks would be suing the machine's manufacturer, John Deer for not making their knife sharp enough, and they would be seeking disability payments from their company and the federal government and most certainly not be doing anymore desk work, let alone farming.

One can almost hear him then telling the reporter to leave him alone so he can get back to work.

Comments

Liz in Seattle said…
Life happens. Sometimes it happens with a vengeance. Pray hard. Forgive. Get over it.

Would that I could be such a person.
fdj said…
I just LOVE how he had a "sit down" with "God, the corn picker, and me."

Salt of the Earth.

Popular Posts