Create in me a clean heart

Create in me a clean heart

Brother and Sisters, as if you don't know it already, I am a sinner of immense proportions. I beg of you to forgive me for the many sins - known and unknown - that I have committed. Without question I have entertained and manifested darkness into this world we share and I'm sorry to have perpetuated such selfishness.

Also, I'd like to take a moment and note a few thoughts on causing offense to others. In recent years I've noticed one easy way to cause offense - and let's face it, it has become far too easy a thing to cause offense these days - is to engage in political issues. Personally, I suspect (and admit) that the ease with which we Christians can offend one another with regard to political issues is likely indicative of us all putting too much faith in politics.

Whether left leaning or right leaning, I really get the sense that we look far too much toward politics as a salvific force in our life. Not that we think it will negate our sins or anything as absurd as that...but as something even more absurd: that we will usher the Kingdom of God by way of our votes. No matter if your vision of that Kingdom is one in which the poor are fed and clothed or one in which marriage will remain between a man and a woman - in either case I believe we deceive ourselves.

What in the words of Jesus convinces us that we will see poverty ended? What in the words of Jesus convinces us that we will ever see a mighty movement of our society toward traditional Christian morality? As I read Christ's words, I see nothing but the opposite predicted. So I would not put too much hope or faith in politics...certainly not so much that we would sow seeds of anger between our brothers and sisters.

I'm not suggesting we abandon our political opinions...LOL...because you know I won't abandon mine! But I WILL see about putting less faith in mine. Jesus said the Kingdom is within us...democrat or republican affiliation has VERY little to do with it.

So, if I have offended your political sensibilities, I do ask that you forgive me. Let us hurtle such trivial things - as politics - and carry on to the REAL Kingdom which is fully manifested in the Feast to come when we may proclaim with joy: Christ is Risen!

Nothing that takes place in DC or in Olympia can possibly compare.

Comments

Don said…
God forgives.

You have a remarkable blog here, brother.

Have a blessed lent.
fdj said…
Thank you brother...and may God bless you for adopting. Few single men would set sail on such seas, so Huzzah (3x) to you!

Popular Posts