No! No! NOOOOO!

No! No! NOOOOO!

So I am nonchalantly listening to some country music and was perhaps not entirely paying attention when I heard those often heard words from the American Beef Council: "Beef, it's what's for Dinner." Except that it was NOT the thick and rich voice of the quintessential cowboy Sam Elliot, but rather the vegan voiced quintessential Hollywood persona Matthew McConaughey. Surely they could have found SOMEONE who at least could remotely offer some semblance of a cowboy poet who could pen some lines of verse as quickly and easily as he could dispatch a rustler with his Colt 45 and then return to his pen and steak dinner as if nothing happened. I picture Mr. McConaughey eating sushi, doing yoga, and litigating bad guys.

Sheesh. Well, I have HAD IT! I'm protesting..starting Monday morning I am going to abstain from Beef until April 19th.

BRING SAM BACK!

Comments

Sam no longer voicing for the Beef Council?

Yep.

It's the Apocalypse! Run for the hills with your canned goods--and grillin' gear for your beef.
Anonymous said…
James,

As a truck driver I see a lot of strange things. I thought you might find this interesting, it is a "Russian Orthodox Wedding Trucker Hat". You could order one today . . .

http://www.weddingpartystore.com/cpshop/cpshop.cgi/1686184931/iwed.107791574

Your friend,
Imran
Meg said…
Timing is everything... ;->
Steve Robinson said…
WHAT??? So now beef is going for PC'ness. Its a sign of the apocalypse.
Hilarius said…
Probably just that he had the right 'twang' in his voice that the marketing gurus at the Beef Council wanted.

Personally, I think Robert Duvall would be a great candidate if he put on his cowboy hat and cowboy persona - but maybe he wasn't available.

- Eric John
Mimi said…
Yeah, blame it on Matthew and not on the calendar :)
Don said…
This meat boycott seems to be a worthy enough cause that I've joined you, and am certain there are millions of others who have jumped on the bandwagon!

Besides, was there Beef Council in 19th Century Russia?
fdj said…
LOL! All I can say is: Matthew McConaughey is outrage.
Fr. Andrew said…
I vote Fred Thompson as the Official Voiceover Guy for Everything.
fdj said…
Yeah, I could take Fred. I was also thinking Robert Duvall (or as I like to remember him: Augustus McCrae)

Popular Posts