I Went Back in Time Last Night...

...in a couple of ways.

For the first time in 12 years I stepped foot into an evangelical protestant church and for the first time in at least as long I attended a Christian concert.

The Lost Dogs played a wonderful concert last night to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Research via an orginization called Andy's Angels Records. Check them out and consider supporting their efforts.

It was an odd experience, but not as odd as it could have been. The Lost Dogs probably don't quite have the same appeal as many other modern Christian bands (most of whom I know anything about) because they have a sort of country/folk influence that no doubt appeals to older farts like me. Not to mention their lyrics have that beloved edge that Terry Taylor so often brings to the music he is associated with and which typically don't mesh well with altar calls (you can also hear the influence Eastern theology has had on Terry). Darn good harmony from these guys - very nice.

Of course, no Christian band can compete with the Free Monks of Greece.
Well, what can I say...



Comments

Popular Posts