The sun'll come out....

...tomorrow.

They say that we always dream, it's just that most of the times we do not remember them.

How often have I laid in bed waiting (usually very briefly) to fall asleep when the ever hopeful planning synapses of my brain begin to sputter to life. Sometimes, like dreams, they take on a life of their own and seem rather to speak to me as opposed to being spoken by me - maybe I am crazy. The words vary from time to time, but they always follow a rather consistent theme: tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I will reduce my caloric intake to lose the rest of the wight I need to lose.
Tomorrow, I will begin to exercise - walk more or perhaps get the tire fixed on that bike.
Tomorrow, I will be more cautious with my spending and will be more fiscally responsible.
Tomorrow, I will pray more and will go to church more.
Tomorrow, I will play more with my children and I will demonstrate perfect patience.
Tomorrow, yes, tomorrow, I will be the ideal father - ala Micheal Landon from
Little House.
Tomorrow, I will make a more conscious effort to show my wife how much I love and appreciate her.
Tomorrow, I will finish my remodeling projects.
Tomorrow, I will....


Certainly my "sleeping dreams" aren't the only ones to be forgotten come morning.

Comments

Popular Posts