Aged

I turned 36 today. Wow.


I am working with a summer college student in the lab here and she and I were talking about music. I suddenly realized, as our conversation drifted toward U2, that I had been listening to that band since before this young lady was even born! Scary.

Despite the deep contemplations I had in regards to my life, it also made me think that one must admit that either U2 is an extremely talented band OR they have a fantastic promoter with an amazing marketing scheme to have remained "hip" (even among young folk!) for 23 years! I tend to think that it cannot possibly be one without the other actually.

Some would likely say that christian churches should look into and perhaps try and mimic their success...but I say first let's wait 750 years and see where the band is then.

Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and ponder being carbon dated.

Comments

Popular Posts