Orthodox TV in Russia

Orthodox TV in Russia

While searching for images of Metropolitan JONAH's visit to Russia on the Moscow Patriarchate website, I stumbled upon a link that got me to the website of the Soyuz Orthodox Television Channel. What a treasure that has turned out to be - even if your Russian is as nearly non-existent as mine!

It has Services, News, Interviews, Lectures, photo albums and who knows what else! I recommend using babelfish to help navigate...even though the translation is poor and sometimes requires abit of Orthodox know-how to work through even poorer translations of Church terminology (e.g. "Christ's temple resucuer" refers to Christ the Savior Cathedral), I found it at least rendered the site functional for me.

Simple go to Babelfish and put the URL in the "translate a webpage" section. Select "Russian to English" and then click "Translate."

I've found that in most cases, clicking links from then on will continue the translation service from Babelfish and even opening new tabs from links on the page in Firefox also does so as well.

I need to get to busy working on my Russian.

Comments

Popular Posts