Willingness to believe

Willingness to Believe

A friend on Facebook posted a link to this short film. It's a moving work and one thing that struck me as I watched was my willingness to believe the "impossible." We really do suspend our disbelief when we read or when we sit down to watch a movie. I suppose there are many far more qualified than I who've gone into great depth to investigate the psychology behind this, but I think a more simple explanation will suffice. For some I think we are willing to believe the unbelievable (if only temporarily) for the sake of the story we are being told, so long as it speaks to something grand in us we will usually fall right into the "reality" of the tale. But more than that, I think there is something in all of us that natural believes that there is far more to this world than meets the eyes. In some way, maybe, "magic" is as real as love?



Comments

Popular Posts