Orthodoxy on T.V.

Once again, this Christmas, the Ovation Channel will be showing the program entitled Holy Russia Celebrates the Festival of Christmas on December 24th and 25th. It's a sort of documentary - with NO commentary - on how the Orthodox celebrate Christmas and Theophany in Russia. It has a great deal of liturgy and music from a variety of Churches and monasteries...put simply it is a beautiful program and very much worth watching. I accidentily saw it a couple of years ago and negelected to tape it and have ever since regretted not doing so, as I have been unable to find a distributor of the video here in the USA. And since I cannot afford the cost of premium digital cable I will miss it again this year. However, I appeal to my readers out there: anyone have the Ovation Channel in their Cable package who'd be willing to tape it for me? I'd certainly pick up the costs of the tape and shipping. E-mail me to let me know.

Also, the Greek Archdiocese will be televising a special about the Orthodox feast of Theophany (aka Epiphany) on a variety of NBC affiliates, you can check listings HERE. From what I understand it will also be shown on the Hallmark Channel on Jan 5th at 6:00am EST and PST, and coincidentally enough, my poor-man's $10.00 a month cable package offers me the Hallmark channel!



Comments

Popular Posts