Strange Places to find Orthodoxy

Clifton will no doubt find this interesting.

While doing research for my teen class next week, I happended upon this little interview of an Orthodox Priest (can anyone ID this father?) on a website maintained by the so-called "Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)." Apparently tracing their heritage to the Stone-Campbell movement, they say on one of their web pages:

"One important belief back then and now is that people shouldn't be forced to put faith in creeds but only in Jesus Christ."

I reckon they feel kosher using an Orthodox Priest because we call our Creed the "Symbol of Faith" as opposed to an object of faith? Who knows. Reading further, it appears to me they have a creed, but just call it a "shared affimration." Hmmmm...huge difference I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts