Very Late Term Abortion

Sad story here.

Note that the woman was concerned about money and about scaring her "long term male partner" away (ahem...as if killing four newborns would be a more endearing quality?). And then the story ends with this amazing quote:

Although the province of Styria where Graz is regional capital has had a program in place since 2001 allowing women who don't want to keep their babies to give birth anonymously, women's advocates called for greater attention to their plight.

"The climate in which a woman must deal with an unplanned pregnancy is not very supportive in Austria," said Sylvia Groth, who heads a women's health center in Graz.


Ah yes you see, the woman had no choice. Now forgive me, but I am in an irritable mood (see last post), but you know when your "choice" ends? When you create life. You know when your choice began? When you CHOSE to have sex. When you CHOSE to risk having a child despite a poor financial situation. When you CHOSE to have sex with someone who would leave you if you got pregnant. When you CHOSE not to use birth control OR when you CHOSE to have sex even though you knew "birth control" is never 100%.

Geez, why do we view pregnancy like some disease we accidently "catch"? I mean, don't we understand HOW this happens? I am pretty sure I know...but of course I've not killed my kids so I can't relate. This poor woman...clearly she is a victim. Her plight must have been terrible. Oh yeah, and whatever method she used to kill her children, well, that might have been terrible too.

Clearly the solution to this deeply troubling social issue of unwanted pregnancies is to legalize abortion up to the 5th year of life. Becasue prior to this time, a walking and talking fetus is still almost entirely dependent on its parents for life.

Comments

existentialist said…
Wow James you are right again. I will tell you and the whole world a little secret. I ended my marriage because I knew my husband could not support another child. That is how serious I am about sex and pregnancy. That is how strong my convictions are.

Popular Posts