Bowling for Columbine

Clifton directed me to the winner of the Amazon Theater/Tribeca Film Festival Short Film Competition entitled "Rachel's Challenge."

A few thoughts:

1. I'm quite a cynical jerk, for I always assumed that the story told in this short film was just a stupid Christian urban legend. I'm less than happy with my cynical self on this point.

2. Amazing and encouraging that a film like this could take the grand prize.

3. This is way better than Michael Moore's attempt at convincing me that I should play the odds and leave me front door unlocked at night. Ahhh...but I am a mere slave to the terror inspiring media...not to mention the level 2 sex offended who lives down the cul de sac.

Evil exists...ask Shasta. I'll not endorse Moore as a sociologist, no thanks, my doors shall remained locked...and in the meantime I'm gonna try and be a less cynical person. Memory Eternal Rachel...as well as Shasta's brothers and mother.

Comments

Popular Posts