"Regrets

...I've had few....but I did it my way."

Ok so more than a few and my way pretty much sucks. But speaking of regrets, I expect and hope that a particular judge in Becker County, Minnesota is presently VERY much regretting ever letting THIS piece of work receive bail. Whether he could have known the risk or not...I'd be feeling pretty low.

Duncan was an advocate for sex-offender's rights and frequently argued that there is no basis for believing that previous offenders will reoffend. Ummm...yeah...right. Sardonic.

I cannot imagine what this poor little girl is going to have to wrestle with for the rest of her life. This man has wounded this child's soul...and all others who have such a perverted appetite do the same to countless others: many we never hear about.

Still think there is no ugly evil in the world, Mr. Brin. I see an Orc in the face of Mr. Duncan.

Oh yes...hand me a sword and a horse and I will ride out.

Millstones are coming to mind for some reason...were I more enlightened I might be able to see Duncan as a victim of sin himself and perhaps muster some overarching sense of compassion for al of mankind...but never (God help me) if it were my kids and frankly anytime I see stories like this I can't help but place myself in the victim's parents' shoes. A common parental happening...or is it just me?

Here is a case where I support capital punishment...society simply cannot afford to offer these people mercy - even if they pay $15,000 for it. Which is apparently the going rate for four human lives and the soul of a child.

Comments

Popular Posts