Bats

The other day, our dear and devoted and diligent friend Rade was at our place putting on the final touches of the roof for the cabin, what we initially thought was an odd bird began fluttering around us. In actuality, it was a bat!

Now I've seen my fair share of bats, in fact while fishing the Skykomish River we'd seen them all the time as the sun would set. But this is the first time we have seen them at our new house AND the first time I'd ever seen one out so early, it was still quite light out, but this little fellow was clearly feasting upon the abundant flying insects we have...YEAH!

I've decided to build a bat house in the hopes of attracting more.

Here is a website devoted to Northwest Bats. I have no idea what sort of flying mouse we saw.

Comments

layne (herman) said…
Bats rock!! I like watching them do their thing.

Lately I have gotten into dragonflys. They serve a similar, daytime, function.
fdj said…
I didn't know that about dragonflys! Awesome.

Popular Posts