Solstice

I've always sensed and logically known that up here in the Northwest the days seemed/are longer in the summer than when I lived in So. Ca., but I never knew the specifics. Tomorrow, Seattle will be seconds shy of seeing 16 hours of daylight, while San Diego will see 14 hours and 20 minutes.

As a side, last weekend I AGAIN missed the Fremont Solstice Parade! Crud! Oh well...next year! When else will you have the opportunity to see a "violation" (as some would claim) of the separation of church and state, since the Solstice parade is arguably little more than a neo-pagan festival masquerading as an "art" parade.

But, of course, I've never attended so I'm just being a ignorant and judgmental prig. but at least they are "safe and free of guns for the day." That is...ummm...unless someone actually decided to bring one. In reality, unless they are strip searching people (which could very well be a part of the parade), then they are more likely "safe and free" from any means of self-defense in case someone opts to disobey the powerful all seeing Freemont Arts Council.

Ok, I'll leave them alone. Here's to long days! Much appreciate seeing the sun after the last winter we've had.

Comments

Popular Posts