Compare and Contrast?

Compare and Contrast?

It seems to me the "peace scooter" in seeking to encourage people to create their own definition of peace and live it, has set for herself a rather vague and undefined purpose. Plus there is little mention on how her visit to Seattle was particularly effective at accomplishing this nebulous goal. With drivel like this: "Alix will end her Peace Tour...no doubt wiser and fulfilled with the message she helped spread across the country" I can only assume the reporter is an avid supporter.

I guess maybe I'm just not nuanced enough. Well, that's a given.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hate to pick on the Peace Scooter (PS). I like peace (and peas, too), and scooters are neat. My wife has a five-year-old Kinetic moped and I'm in the process of putting a new engine in a 1968 Honda Trail 90 (not a scooter, but scooter-like or scooterish). For some reason this article reminded me of a perspective that seems more common than not nowadays -- that fervency of belief is all that matters. Many people seem to think that who or what you worship doesn't matter so long as you are intense about it. Anyway.
fdj said…
Oh yeah nothing against scooters...though...I must admit while commuting on the ferry it is hard not to laugh at the guys in khakis upon puttering little scooters with their helmets far larger than their wheels' diameters next to dudes in leathers on Harleys.

All I can say is that they are clearly more comfortable with their manliness than me.

I dunno...the amorphous peace scooter message just seems to be like a shot arrow that has had its fins stripped. Peace, as much as I like it, is not an absolute...there are some few things worse than peace at least on a socio-political level.

As far as I'm concerned, the cross sailing is bringing peace that has a real concrete message that people can accept or reject. People may only praise the Peace Scooter or scratch their head in a quest for some more specifics. I mean, who's gonna argue against peace we get to define ourselves?

Man, she's wasting a lot gas and creating a massive carbon footprint even at 90mpg. Just start a blog or something.
:)

Popular Posts