The Criminalization of the Incandescent Lightbulb

The Criminalization of the Incandescent Lightbulb

You may recall a while back I was lamenting the little nightmare of a broken CFL in my boys' room. In that post I criticized the Canadian government for banning them, but what I didn't know was that our illustrious DO-NOTHING congress did at least something: back in December they put into a law a ban on the incandescent light bulb beginning in 2014. Great.

I guess the question is whether the energy savings and the threat of global warming (both real or imagined) is worth the risk of mercury in your house and the labor of disposing of these bulbs properly (were that possible - remember my questions with regard to EPA math?). Also nice to know that we have less choice now and that what choice we do have come only from China from whence we have had a litany of safe products lately, right? Great.

Huzzah to Congressman Ted Poe (whoever you are):


Comments

Popular Posts