Dairy Farm?

Dairy Farm?

This news from the wonderful people of PETA. Given all the cheese I've been making from the abuse of a goat...I'm sure feeling guilty. So I'll be sending a letter to Tracy Reiman, asking her if she would like to provide her all-natural services to our farm for the relief of "Butter" the Goat and for the health of my family. We'd feed her and give her a stall in exchange.

I'm surprised Ben and Jerry's rebuffed them! Being a left leaning organization I would have thought they would have been more sensitive to the plight of cows. Ahem....and goats.

Comments

Anonymous said…
James,

This is an example of something I notice all the time. We expect life to conform to logical, symmetric, fair, legal, principles. Logically speaking, ignoring tradition and reality, calves should be drinking cow milk, and humans should be drinking human milk. In this case, it's nothing more than a stunt. But the same observation can be made about how we think about male/female, monk/layman, child/adult, and a host of other issues. I would argue that tradition and experience are the only thing that keep this legal principle in balance. Logic alone will never do it.

- Steve Knowlton
Liz in Seattle said…
James, will you KINDLY post a warning? I almost injured myself when I fell off my chair laughing.

You notice they didn't make a human/nonhuman correlation with...oh...the fruit used in the ice cream. And what about the artificial flavors?

Back to my glass of Smith Brothers' milk, forcefully extracted from tortured local bovines.
Anonymous said…
We have a friend who is breastfeeding -- she calls herself the Dairy Queen. That and your link kinda puts that hallowed company's name and our friend's nickname in an entirely different light, eh? Sheesh...Another reason why I'm glad I'm lactose intolerant and quit drinking milk, human, cow, goat, coyote, or beluga whale years ago...

Time for some Irish milk of the Bushmills variety,

Cheers,

Mike

Popular Posts