Forgiveness

Forgiveness

...and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

The implication is rather clear. If you seek forgiveness, you had better be giving it. I surely seek that from you, whoever you may be, reading this blog. That may seem strange, however, one need only look back through my history here to see very clear signs of my passions being in charge...sigh...I've long thought of deleting posts or erasing histories in those arenas that I now find embarrassing. I suppose Paradosis is and has been for me a record of a journey...I hope and pray it is one that shows a bit of light; a bit of the story of my being led (dragged?) towards the reality of the Incarnation and Pascha. I'll let the past remain I guess...hopefully, intertwined in all the shadows of absurdities are the flickerings of light - like driving past trees while a low hanging sun on the horizon causes us to squint from time to time. Perhaps not.

In any event, even if my blathering here has not offended you and even if you know me and I've somehow managed not to sin directly against you (as far as you know)...I still need your forgiveness. We don't live in an individualist vacuum. It's not just me and Jesus. It's me, God, and all of creation. We all find ourselves outside the gates of Eden now and it's cold here. Forgiveness of one another for being out here is a warming fire. God grant that we share it with one another so that in the fullness of time we may be led back home.

I've nothing more really to say about forgiveness, however I would offer THIS from Hieromonk Damascene.

I wish you all a profitable season of repentance.

Comments

Popular Posts