"It's your fault people are dropping dead."

"It's your fault people are dropping dead."

I cannot decide if this story should make me laugh or cry. It seems to me that more and more "public health professionals" are presenting themselves as government policy lobbyists rather than scientists. Apparently many see their jobs as being not just coming to conclusions about public health, but determining what the government must do to oversee people and their individual health habits. Apparently in today's ethic classes students are taught nothing about individual liberty and responsibility. Did Glantz really mean to suggest that the government is to blame for people killing themselves from smoking?

REALLY? Think about that for a moment. What does it say about government and what does it say about the individual? This is what an upper level education will get for you...utter brilliance? And people laugh when I tell them that some of the smartest people I've met were farmers who barely finished high school. Case and point.

I'm going home and lighting up my pipe and it'll be Greogoire's fault if I drop dead. Honey, please get the lawsuit ready.

Comments

The U.S. government needs to ban all smoking -- cigarets, cigars, pipes, etc. -- as well as marijuana, if we expect to prevent the high number of deaths attributed to smoking every year.

Popular Posts