Lost and Found

First off, I am found. My absence, perhaps noted by a few of you, has been corrected (I am feeling much better after a brief period of backsliding - to coin a pop evangelical term).

I have been reading, from a lot of sources both online and off about all the wonderful things that the 16th reformers had "re-discovered", "re-established", "returned to", "restored", and "revived." I found it most interesting that such terminology is used and furthermore that like a great circle every generation seems to do it all over again with a whole new set of things that they have "re'ed."

RE-formers abound. And the Bible makes it clear to each and every one of them that they may in essence proclaim: They are missing it, and I have found it.

But, have any of those who have chosen to use the "re'ed" words stopped to ask: when were these things lost?
Or more importantly: Were they ever there to begin with?






Comments

Popular Posts