Toothaches and Books
Despite suffering from a particularly nasty toothache, which is currently being tempered by the wonders of Vicodin, I will attempt a post. I had a very nice birthday weekend and was lavished with numerous gifts which in all honesty I did not need, but am trying to be sinfully oblivious to this fact. My sister gave me a gift certificate to Amazon and I picked out three books I had been flirting with for quite sometime. I have added them to my links, but I might note one of particular interest here:





Who can resist a cover and title like this???? Actually this is a book, written by a pair of young Orthodox monks in California, which looks into the apparent nilhilism that pervades youth culture today. To me this is fascinating because I often find myself wondering how we, as a society, got where we are today and where we will go in the future. How much of a stretch is it for us to imagine a soon-to-come legally sanctioned militant pluralism?

Also, I continue to work on my Orthodox Web Page and hope to have it completed before the end of summer.


Comments

Popular Posts