The Newly Illumined...

Today at our Parish we welcomed a new convert home through the sacrament of Chrismation, and it was a wonderful time especially for about last year's batch of about 20 of us, who I am sure to some extent relived our entrance into the Church. I love witnessing Chrismations because it represents for many people the culmination of many many years of seeking, exploring,and wrestling. As the newly illumined Macrina's voice cracked this morning as she made her affirmations I could surely relate...I really believed that I was at last embracing the fullness of the Faith...still do.

Also, a very BIG "Many Years!" and "Welcome Home" also to the Newly Illumined Jeremy and his soon to be wife Kate. I look forward to seeing a post on what must have been a most wonderful day for you both...though perhaps not quite as wonderful as next week's event! How exciting!




Comments

Popular Posts