Stand up for Jesus!

Well my good "cyber"-friend Huw-Rapheal once again posted another gem back on friday - which I have only now just read. My brother is indeed a "Super" blogger (or should I say live-journaler?) and it's all I can do to keep current with him! Anyway, enough lauding of Huw-Rapheal (hehehe) - for the time being.

His post reminds me of when I was in the Assemblies of God (ooooo....scary times, well okay...at least sometimes) and I can recall massive politicization and a general call for us kids (kids?) to "Take a Stand for Jesus!" which generally meant - or at least was interpretted by most us - to be exceedingly vocal and active in proclaiming Christ. To not be a wimp for Jesus but to take advantage of our LEGAL rights to have bible studies, prayer meetings and even hand out tracts at school! Heck, some of us (not so much me...really...honestly) even liked the The Power Team! Take a look at that pic on the front page of that former link - ahhh yes the perfect example of Christian asceticism and humility. Oh dear...cynicism is rising, I'd better move on.

I can even remember some sermons that attempted to dispell the "myth" of a wimpy Jesus, though thankfully I cannot recall their overall point...something along the lines that Robert Powell shouldn't have played Jesus of Nazareth, rather Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been more appropriate. Well Arnold is a good Republican, which of course Christ Himself would have been. Oh no...more cynicism...I'm telling you it sneeks up on me!

Anyhow...go and read what Huw-Rapheal wrote, for he has put into beautiful words what my cynicism could not resist capitalizing on. Persecution is coming, I really believe it, and then we shall see who will "Stand up for Jesus!" I am willing to bet that it will be the quiet, humble, frail, and poor persons of the world who have no idea how to break bats in half for Jesus. As for me...well I am neither...so off I go to Morning Prayers with the Jesus Prayer readily at hand...









Comments

Popular Posts