Craving Traditions

I was essentially raised in a secular home with precious little in the realm of religious traditions. But I can vividly recall that we had a tradition of having homemade lasagna for dinner on Christmas eve. I look fondly upon that tradition, not only because my mom makes a kick-butt homemade lasagna, but also because it was a staple in my life. It was something we could count on and look forward to. A simple anchor amidst unsure seas. I think, no matter how much we popularly decry traditions, in reality we crave them...they feed us life.

SS speaks on this matter in her latest post and seeks input from other families to learn what "t"raditions they keep at home that assist them in bringing Christ into their lives. I'd like to hear about them as well and I have small one to share. God check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts