Patriarchal Visit to Minnesota

No news about how the Patriarch Ignatios IV responded when he called out "Christ is Risen!" and the crowd responded "Ya Sure, ya betcha He is Risen!"

Before:HERE
and After:HERE

(These are links to Yahoo searches, they ought to bypass the ANNOYING need to sign up for access to the newspaper's content - just click on the first link to show up in these searches.)

My Mom-in-Law actually informed us of this...we had no idea that our own Patriarch was going to be in the USA and we certainly had no idea he'd been at the same little Parish where my wife and I have gone when visiting the Twin Cities. I also had no idea that Ignatios IV was actively involved in manuscript preservation in the Middle East.

Of course anytime the secular media does a story on Orthodoxy they laminate over some stuff and use some fictitious wood putty (Hey, I'm doing a remodel...its on my brain), but I'll let that slide...just for today.

It's enough to know that our Patriarch shares a prestigious award with Amy Grant.
Ahem...well I did think it was pretty cool that a 17 year old boy opted to be late for his prom in order to see the Patriarch...that's cool.

Comments

layne (herman) said…
seeing your comment about the 17 year old boy (Rami Jubran) i was reminded of your posts earlier this year (jan 4/jan 5) i'd like to think that maybe this 17 year old is showing us parents the results of our efforts--may we be encouraged to not give up.
Munkee said…
Yeah, the report i read said a whole 200 people showed up! TWO HUNDRED PEOPLE! That is a bit disappointing.
I guess we weren't the only ones who didn't know he was here..
Anonymous said…
Gee, I wonder if Patriarch Georgi of Georgia (S. Atlanta Diocese) would show up at our parish if we awarded his holiness a St. George's Medalion for distinguished service to his Holy Archdioces (the Georgians in Exile). Hmmmm.... I wonder.

Basil

Popular Posts