Boat Bloggin

Presently embarked on an unusual loner trip accross the sound - a unique place to blog, though one that will likely become more familiar to me. I'm heading over to attend a class at St. Elizabeth's, my wife dropping me off and Dawn picking me up.

It is a gorgeous day in western washington: the sky is clear and the air cool, Mts. Rainier to the south and Baker to north decorate the horizon, and the water is a rich deep blue with just enough swell to remind us passengers that we really are in a big floatation device. The only thing that would make this day better would be if I could could toss a line over the side with a herring on it.

A collection of young girls and boys wearing traditional bavarian dress standing just below what is on this trip the aft bridge and are apparently some sort of Von Trapp Family imitators as they have been beuatifully singing "The Sound of Music" songs while taking in the scenery. It's quite lovely and relaxing.

I offered them a hearty round of applasue and a loud "Zehr Gut!"

Comments

Munkee said…
Nice!

Two of my favorite things...Western Washington and The Sound of Music.
Anonymous said…
the weather is amazing, and being on the sound is captivating. it's amazing to me that they have internet access on boats.

Popular Posts