Feast of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul
We had a great day of celebration! It is always a blessing to see a full church with lots of folks from all around western Washington coming to join us for our Parish Feast Day. I am tired...and the dance continues tomorrow. After Liturgy we will celebrate my birthday with family (where I hope to receive as a gift, the second part of the New Testament translated by the Holy Apostles Convent which is outstanding. Though sometimes clumsy in its English (mainly because it tries to really communicate the Greek), it is as good as they come. I have a real bone to pick with most translations we are familiar with, but I shall save that for another entry when I am not so tired. Suffice to say, the hermeneutic problem is why PARADOSIS is so important. (Not to mention the NIV cannot make up it's mind on how to translate PARADOSIS - oh shut up and go to bed james) Good night.

I have changed our Icon to keep pace with the liturgical dance of the ecclesiatical calender.


Comments

Popular Posts