The Light of Morning

Nicholas once again found his way into our bed at some point in the night. He overfilled his diaper and so we awoke (yes at 5am) to wet PJ’s and a child / bed in need of a change.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The unfinished bathroom is cold, it is still dark out…thank God winter is coming, I must get that floor back in – after I finish the new plumbing.

O God, be merciful to me a sinner. O God, be merciful to me a sinner. O God, be merciful to me a sinner.

Sue works with the now fully awakened Nicho while I work on the dirt and grime in my mouth and on my body. I note that the hair on my face is getting way too long.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, for the sake of the prayers of Thy most pure Mother and all the saints, have mercy on us. Amen.

My shampoo is missing, but I like the smell of baby body wash and it won’t burn my eyes. I forgot to turn the coffee on. Doesn’t that stupid coffee maker have a clock?

Glory to Thee, our God, glory to Thee.

Still no sign of Sue as I dry off, man it’s cold. Out of aftershave. Precious little cheap cologne remains. Need to empty the bathroom garbage. Wait…start the coffee…the neighbors aren’t up yet and if they are I can run through the kitchen…

O Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, Treasury of good things and Giver of life: Come and dwell in us, and cleanse us of all impurity, and save our souls, O Good One.

Surely there are clean dark colored socks somewhere? I can hear the rocking chair squeaking in the boys’ room…Nicho must be fighting going back to sleep – ahh the ignorance of youth!

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.

(sung to the tune of blowin in the wind) “How many shoes must a family of six have, before they are all covered in dog poo…” I really like these brown shoes, and the socks weren’t THAT dirty.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Beagle hair is profoundly noticeable on the pad of the living room rocking chair. I don’t care this morning. Is St. John smiling in that icon?

O Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. O Lord, blot but our sins. O Master, pardon our iniquities. O Holy One, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy name's sake.

The steady squeak continues in the boys’ room, no doubt Sue is growing frustrated. Check the dishwasher (which I installed!) for a clean travel mug. Need a fast friendly lunch…fridge seems empty. Must remember to prepare lunches the night before!

Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy

Peanuts…think there is a can in the car, will leave this one for the kids and Sue. A bowl for soup, looking, looking, looking through the cupboards…hmmm…well I don’t care what Steve says the Jameson seemed smoother than the Bushmills…give up looking, I am pretty sure I still have a bowl at work.

Our Father…

The Icon corner at last…calm…quiet…a centering of sorts. Spark, and then light. Candles burn, the icons stare back at me – they have become like old friends, and I begin…

Having risen from sleep…


Comments

Popular Posts