Miscellaneous

I'll have some more about the Four Tragic Opinions soon, but today I just have time to offer a few tidbits.

Read this Article
Karl's musings turned me on to this article from Khouria Frederica which is excerpted from a book by various authors entitled The Church in the Emerging Culture: Five Perspectives. I highly advise spending some time on this one.

A thought that struck me while reading the aforementioned article
There is nothing new under the sun. Say it again, out loud: THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN.

So why bother trying?
At least stop pretending.

Ahhhh Winter
Nearly as much as the salmon, my heart is gladened to see the arrival of this long anticipated return.

Scripture
Also in a comment over at Karl's blog, Robert Williams reminds us of this verse from I Corinthians:

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Why don't we seem to care about this, but rather just sweep our differences under the rug and cling to the lowest common denominator? I guess as long as we all love Jesus the divisions aren't really divisions huh? (sigh.....) Furthermore, Zens' argument that the early church seemed not to give much concern to doctrinal unity is rendered moot by this.

Comments

Popular Posts