What the Future Holds

You know I have always been one to turn a blind eye toward "morality" politics: gay marriages for example. You can read numerous blog posts in which I sort of shrug my shoulders at such issues...I suppose I have adopted a somewhat fatalistic attitude toward where our culture and society is headed. But in conversing with friends recently I have begun to wonder if the political future holds in store for us Christians something much more malignant.

It is not hard to see that our culture is swiftly abandoning and rejecting many moral values that historic Christianity has held dear...indeed, many branches of "christianity" is moving right along with these changing societal winds. Those of us holding to the traditions of the past are becoming more and more of a minority...all one needs to do to verify this is watch an evening of television programming. Worse yet though, is that all one also needs to do is watch what is going on in the courts and in the legislatures of our nation. Some of our moral teachings are even beginning to be vilified!

And here is my fear: How long do you suppose it will be before the state intervenes with our parenting? When the moral teachings I espouse in my home are viewed in a way that we might now view some white seperatist's household beliefs and teachings? How long before I must curb my beliefs (if only in word) in order to remian, in the eyes of the state, a "fit parent" and thus maintain my role in my children's lives?

Far fetched?

Guess again. I have heard of it happening from the mouth of one to whom it is happening. And it makes me think twice about just sitting back and watching laws being passed thinking that it will not affect me.

Comments

Popular Posts