Not of this world

The world went on without us. It took little notice of our absense...sad to say.

A few friends mentioned that they understood it was our Easter last week, but otherwise most everyone figured I was out fishing for the last week that I took off from work. But more than that, I return to the "world" feeling quite literally detatched.

The political rants on both the conservative and liberal radio shows have not changed. The world goes on suffering: killing one another while each individual glories in the worship of themselves. TV went on and I missed a few programs I would have normally watched. Perhaps another new single from U2's new album is getting airplay? Perhaps a favortie survivor got voted off the island? The garbage collectors came yesterday. My work piled up while I was gone. And sone new movies came out on DVD.

I just don't feel ready to get back into "normal" life. I feel like I was on a glorious vacation (despite all the hard work - the number of services we had and added to it the ascetic efforts of watching and getting ready four small kids through it all) and am now not yet mentally or physically prepared to go back to work.

I started feeling it yesterday - even before getting back to the lab...but today it is even worse. Detached is the only way I can describe it. No news on the wires today can compare to the news I received very early last Sunday morning:

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Comments

Munkee said…
Seraphim and James....

Ditto.

I was going to explain here, but a post is in order.

Popular Posts