Orthodoxy in Slovakia

My Slovak is not just rusty, it is non existent. However, knowing the language isn't neccesary to really connect with my ancestors, because our connection runs even deeper than blood and genetics.

The Orthodox Church in Slovakia (while all in Slovak, you can browse around and find some interesting stuff.)

News video of Pascha (note the elabroate egg decorations and the vast numbers of people)

Icons in Slovakia (note St. Alexis Toth...written in English! And a number of others I've never heard of)

I've been doing ALOT of family research lately and it has been immensely pleasurable...like a treasure hunt. I have found much and plan to have that section of paradosis operational soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very interesting stuff. I can read some of the Slovak stuff (it helps that most religious terms are pretty standard throughout Slavic Orthodoxy). So does this mean a trip to this side of the pond this summer? I'd love the chance to take the train up north and meet you in Slovakia!

Popular Posts