Theology by Kids

Kelsey, my 7 year old daughter came home with mom recently and told me about the reader board of a local church that offered: "God couldn't be everywhere so He invented Moms."

She laughed and then said, "Isn't that silly Dad?"

"Why do you say it's silly?" I asked.

"Daaaaaaaaad," she said as if annoyed at having to explain the obvious, " 'God couldn't be everywhere'? That's crazy, He IS everywhere."

Truly a chip off of the theolgoically cynical fault finding block.

On the otherside of the coin, my 4 year old son still makes it a point to do a full prostration before the altar when we first cross in in front of it as we enter the Nave. I still marvel at how he has rationalized this on his own and is in fact the only person in our Parish who does this.

Initially I was a little concerned, afterall I believe there is a canon about not doing prostrations on Sunday. Well...come on...what sort of uptight dork is going to be upset at such devotion? What an idiot I am...I should do them with him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Age 3 to 8 are my favorite years in kids. Then comes 5th & 6th grade as my next favorite. They have the best thoughts. Especially when you think they aren't paying attention, and they are...

Popular Posts