Meat

So between services yesterday I cruised over to Central Market and bought several tons of meat. As I checked out, the bagging lady said, "Wow...someone is having one heck of a BBQ!"

I replied, "Well actually, I've not had meat for like 50 days...can you tell?"

"Oh," she said, "was it a diet or something?"

"No, that's what we fast from during Lent."

At this point I could tell that this shut her down a little, like she wasn't quite sure what to say. But at last she asked, "So did you notice anything?"

She had returned the favor and now I didn't know what to say, "What do you mean?"

"Did you feel any different?"

Suddenly I realized what she was getting at. She wanted to know if being a vegan made me feel alive, invigorated, and sprightly. Did I feel any different? You bet I did!

"Oh Yeah," I quickly responded, "I felt like I wanted MEAT!"

It didn't help that I actually went shopping while I was hungry, that is always a bad idea. Beef and Pork abounded.

And in this vein of thought...a little reminder.

Comments

fdj said…
I forgot to mention, I also got some Moose from my Ma-in-law.
Munkee said…
Moose?? Good Lord man, settle down!

All i want is a cheese burger...grilled, has to be grilled.
Susan Sophia said…
We didn't go out and buy moose because we couldn't wait to have moose meat! It came all the way from "da nort woods of Minneeeesoooota".

Popular Posts