Book Sale - capitalize on the Paradosis Reader Discount
Shameless Commerce

Hey All, I am selling a number of books on Amazon.com that may be of interest to some of you. Please let me know if so and I will give you a substantial discount.

The Orthodox New Testament (The Holy Gospels) from Holy Apostles Convent (22.00)
The Orthodox New Testament (Epistles) from Holy Apostles Convent (20.00)
Ante Nicene Fathers, Volume 1: Apostolic Fathers (see here) $100.00***
Basic Writings of St. Thomas Aquinas Volume One and Volume Two (30.00)


***the price on this is crazy, but apparently these have suddenly grown hard to come by I guess. We are by far the cheapest one on Amazon, though I am almost certain I only paid like 35.00 a few years back...but if you want it, let's talk and I'm willing to go much lower than what I'm asking on Amazon.

Okay, shameless commerce I know, however you may take comfort in knowing that these sales will go directly to funding the liturgical study library of a humble, poor, and newly tonsured reader. Anyone have a used copy of St. Tikhon's Seminary Press Horologion?

Email me:
james.ferrenberg[at]gmail[dot]com


Comments

Anonymous said…
What on earth do you want a copy of that horologion for??? Have you read (pardon me, *tried* to read) it?? It's used at a cathedral in Seattle where you can give it a peek if you haven't yet. Then think thrice.
--- The masked Reader.
fdj said…
Have you read (pardon me, *tried* to read) it??

Twice a week actually. I'm content with it. Which do you prefer?

Are you a Rock Badger or Hare kinda guy?

I've never been one to easily agree or gather much personal steam from higher forms of translational criticism...except when in comes to Kazan.
Anonymous said…
Aquinas?!?!

Should not be selling so-to-call him Popish saint writings... will only befuddle ignorant heterodox.
fdj said…
LOL...yeah, but I'm just out to make a profit. It's shelved in my "fiction" section.
Patrick said…
Just thought I'd chime in, as bookstore manager at St. Paul's. Did you know that the full Edinburgh edition of the 38-volume set of Church Fathers is available on CD-ROM for about $60? (And I can get it for less.) Here's the link:

http://www.light-n-life.com/shopping/order_product.asp?ProductNum=EARL200
Anonymous said…
I think the horologion is part of the competition among Orthodox publishers to see who can put things in the most impossible imitation of English. I look askance at the ground. How bout you? IF youse like dat language so much, why don't youse write dat way? Ain't you got no culture?
fdj said…
LOL...

Well, perhaps a "Masked Reader" edition is in order. We gotta use SOMETHING, no?
Anonymous said…
The Masked Reader is a wicked man, enclosed in his own fat.
---- MR
fdj said…
enclosed in his own fat.

Don't you mean...enclosed by his own marrow and fatness?

Popular Posts