UN: Catholic condom ban helps spread AIDS

Story HERE.

Stand your ground Catholics, this is just another fine example of how retarded the UN has become. Condoms are demonized, but isn't also pre-marital sex, homosexual behavior (yes the behavior is particularly risky), and adultery all also demonized? So why not this take:

Latin America's refusal to follow teachings of church helps in spreading AIDS? How ironic to consider that a married man would go to a prostitute and refuse a condom for religious reasons...ummm...HELLO? I'm thinking this epidemic has very little to do with people taking the advice of the Catholic Church seriously...I'm guessing....hoping...that in confession the adulterer is not receiving a stronger penance for failing to use a condom! LOL! Should that question even arise?

In fact, premarital sex and adultery doesn't just HELP spread AIDS, it is the root cause of AIDS.

"In Latin America the use of condoms has been demonized, but if they were used in every relation I guarantee the epidemic would be resolved in the region"

Pay careful attention to the notion of the "epidemic" being "resolved" because it doesn't mean AIDS goes away - it's merely a numbers game. In actuality, if people followed the rest of their church's teachings, AIDS would in fact go away. Oh, but we cannot expect people to be abstinent until marriage, or to be devoted to one person...YES WE CAN and the fact that we have given up just makes it that much harder to do it to begin with. As I've blogged before: we have so sexualized ourselves (TV, movies, all manner of media, public schools, dress standards, etc) is it any wonder we feel like we are fighting a losing battle?

Maybe if we, as a society would work a little harder to demonize premarital sex and adultery, perhaps we might gain some head way with AIDS and not be flushing so much research money down the drain and I wouldn't have to come to Venus for training conferences. And besides, if condoms work so well, why bother looking for a vaccine?
Well besides not being anything near 100% effective, we definately have to take human will out of the equation...biological determinism, don't you know? We silly biological machines can't help but try and propagate our slave driving genes. Yes, ideas have meaning and they have implications. Enjoy the ride.

After all, MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) killed more Americans than AIDS did last year.

Comments

Meg said…
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that MRSA hadn't been a reportable disease until just this year. I had it last year, and it is *no* fun -- and mine was contained in two sacs my body created around the infection. If not for those sacs, I most likely wouldn't be here (I know, makes you wonder what God was *thinking* when He decided to let me keep going!).

So they don't do any research at all into MRSA, but when I think of the billions spent on AIDS research, which is a reasonably preventable disease... Barf.
Liz in Seattle said…
My mom had it a few years ago; got it during hip replacement surgery. It was pretty nasty there for awhile. She had a port for antibiotics, for weeks at home.

Yeah, hospitals, heckuva place to be sick.
fdj said…
In the past - not sure now - but MOST MRSA infections were acquired in hospitals.
Susan Sophia said…
As I've blogged before: we have so sexualized ourselves (TV, movies, all manner of media, public schools, dress standards, etc) is it any wonder we feel like we are fighting a losing battle?

When I first read this sentence I thought what the heck does he mean by sexualizing "public school". Then I ran across this article and got my answer.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21358971/

Popular Posts