I'm back

Whew...what a busy weekend/week. Funny thing is, I really can't put my finger on what all I did. I did finally get our pool set up (it's a small above ground system, about 2.5 feet deep - but man does it feel good on a hot day!). Spent a good portion of one day shoveling and hauling river rock to put all around the pool and have ever since spent each waking hour trying to convince Nicholas that tossing those stones into the pool and laughing at the funny "kerplunk" sound is NOT cool! Oh well.

Also spent most of my computer time writing a rediculously long email to a friend of mine concenring Wolfgang Simson's 15 Theses'. We were discussing it and I mentioned that I thought Mr. Simson's history was abit "sketchy." Later my friend made the mistake of asking for details. I managed to limit myself to a 15 page word document in doing so - poor guy. So, suffice to say this chewed up a big chunk of my free time. If anyone else is interested in reading it, let me know and I'll gladly email the document to you.

I just found out that an old friend of mine from my So. Cal. days is coming up here for a visit next month - I am very excited because his fiance' is coming as well. Coincidently (or perhaps not), they both have recently decided to become Orthodox and are planning to have an Orthodox wedding! I told them I'd beg, borrow, and steal to be able to get the cash for a trip down there for their wedding - soemtime next year. Orthodox weddings are way cool - as you should expect they are quite different. They include crowns, a liturgical "dance", and there are no vows.

What! No vows? Oh how contrary to our legal and rational loving minds! Well, if the East doesn't view our union with God in a legal sense, why would they be expected to view our marriages in such a light? Sacrament, sacrament, mystery, mystery, paradox, paradox.....relationship.

Is that clear?

No?

Good.

Christos Anesti!


Comments

Popular Posts