Why do the Fathers and Mothers keep doing this to me?
I believe the following is from The Sayings of the Desert Fathers

Abba Paphnutius said: When I was walking along the road, I happened to lose
my way and found myself near a village and I saw some people who were talking
about evil things. So I stood still, praying for my sins. Then, behold, an
angel came, holding a sword and he said to me, "Paphnutius, all those who
judge their brothers perish by this sword, but because you have not judged,
but have humbled yourself before God,
saying that you have sinned, your name is written in the book of the living!"



Wow. Time and time again the Fathers and Mothers nail my ass to the floor and won't let me up until I repent. The Holy Spirit moves in these Holy people and it is truly a severely self inflicted wound that we evangelicals create (or former evangelicals as the case may be) by having so long neglected them.




Comments

Popular Posts