A little Rant...

Someone called "Tulipgirl" commented on a post over at Violent Monkee saying in effect that those converting to Orthodoxy ought to first go and live for a year in an "orthodox" country. Well, I asked for clarification (because I'm really not sure I fully understand the implication and do not wish to assume) but I did offer this: "Soooo....the american baptist missionaries ought to have their russian converts come and spend some time in america before converting?"

Like America is a beaming example of how protestantism can evolve a devoted christian culture?

And then it suddenly struck me...you know what? THERE ARE NO RUSSIAN, GREEK, SERBIAN, SYRIAN, MACEDONIAN, or ___________ (insert traditionally Orthodox country name here) MISSIONARIES COMING TO AMERICA AND TRYING TO CONVERT PROTESTANTS! NOT A SINGLE ONE!

Now think about that for a minute. It is sad on two levels.

Still waiting and hoping for clarification from "Tulipgirl."

Comments

Popular Posts