Subtle

At this time of year the sun rises a couple minutes later each day. And yet, one morning when heading out the door for work at my semi-regular time I suddenly, indeed very suddenly, notice that it is dark. And I marvel at the perceived abrupt change. "It is Fall now," I think to myself as I use my windshield wipers to get a few leaves out of my line of sight, "How did THIS happen?"

I’ve heard it said that a frog will not fret or move out of a pot of slowly heating water...even to the point of its own demise as the drink begins to boil. I am reminded of this as I wonder at the subtlety of the changing season that has so snuck up upon me.

Other things sneak up on me as well, things far more nefarious that I either cannot or will not recognize in my heart. And then suddenly I wake up to find myself fully engaged and plugged into one passion or another and I am left to wonder: "How did THIS happen?"


Comments

Popular Posts