Soundtracks

You've read me before claim that I am very fond of film soundtracks - and lately I've been giving more attention to the soundtrack to "The Passion of the Christ" which, like the film, is multi-lingual in the few haunting lyrics it has. I was curious, and so found the composers website along with the lyrics and the translations.


From "Jesus is carried down":
Syriac (Late Aramiac)
Ze'eyri, Ze'eyri, Adonay
Ayit eeu wit, Ayit eeu wit
Hhoba allah haya haya
Ze'eyri, Ze'eyri

My child, My child, Lord
Your soul, your soul is divine love
My child



And from "The Resurrection"
Aramaic
Yeshua, Yeshua, hey bel livivi al shmay ya
Y'khanseyn li shlam ka
Qadish sha tith sha be'akh
Khed wah min kul di le he weh
Hosanna Yeshua

Jesu, Jesu, lift my heart to heaven
Thy peace enfold me
Holy one all praise to thee, all life rejoices!
Hosanna, Jesu.


Comments

Popular Posts